– our Retail Lease Service
Wakefield Vogrig & Boote Lawyers have drafted thousands of leases for properties all across Gippsland and beyond.
Before allowing a tenant to take possession of your premises without a written agreement, consider engaging a firm with local experience and proven success to draft a lease to suit your needs, both now and into the future.
From a tenant’s perspective, it is important to seek legal advice from an experienced commercial lawyer before entering a lease as it has the potential of becoming a negative impact on your options at a later date.
We can professionally assist you with:
- Drafting a retail, commercial or agricultural lease;
- Reviewing a proposed lease before you sign;
- Negotiating the terms of the lease (including rent, transfer options, duration, exit and renewal options);
- Guiding you through the process of a market rent review;
- Arranging a sublease of a premises;
- Interpreting the provisions of the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic);
- Seeking consent from a Landlord to the transfer of a lease on a sale of business;
- Interpreting how your lease conditions apply to a new situation that might have arisen;
- Preparing an Agreement to Lease where the premises is not yet built;
- Calculating the correct rent when indexed to CPI;
- Interpreting and calculating the recoverable building outgoings;
- Giving written notice to your tenant at the pertinent dates;
- Negotiating a surrender of lease;
- Issuing Notices to Remedy Breach of Lease when a tenant is in breach; and
- Representing you in Victorian Small Business Commission mediations and other dispute resolution mechanisms.
Contact us to arrange an appointment with our lease experts to discuss your rights and obligations going forward.