Property & Conveyancing
– Complex Transactions
There are many transactions that are not straight forward, including:-
- Transfers of family farms;
- Transfers in and out of superannuation funds/family trusts;
- Limited recourse loan facilities;
- Mortgages with private lenders;
- Transfers between spouses;
- Lost title applications;
- Adverse possession applications; and
- Properties with illegal building works.
These transactions require a high level of legal experience to deal with many potential complications including:-
- GST consequences;
- Capital Gains Tax; and
- Stamp Duty (Land Transfer Duty):-
- Exemptions; and
- Risks with double duty.
An error in dealing with any of these issues can have serious and costly consequences. Our experience in these matters can be invaluable.